Flood insurance protects your valuables from rising waters
While floods can cause major destruction, the damage caused by floods is not covered by standard Homeowners insurance. A flood insurance policy provides the specialized coverage you need to help protect your home, condo or business from rising waters.
- Flood policies can provide coverage for:
- Flood damage to your home's structure as well as items like your furnace and water heater
- Flood damage to your furniture, rugs, appliances, and clothing (with limitations for basement areas)
- Expenses you incur to protect your home against imminent flood damage by sandbagging or other measures
- Clean-up costs for covered items after a flood, including debris removal
Flood insurance may not be as expensive as you might think, and the benefits of coverage can vastly outweigh the costs of repairs and replacements. Properties located in low to moderate risk zones, may be eligible for a Preferred Risk Policy (PRP), a low cost option that will allow property owners and businesses to protect themselves against the devastating effects of flooding.